Beginning The Process of Praying For Forty Days
IThis has been a rough week. There has been a very real sense of spiritual attack to distract Mary Lynne and me from choosing three lost households to pray for. No wonder! The devil does not want us or our Biblical community to pray for the lost. This is a threat to the kingdom of the prince of this world. We endured the assault and identified the three households we believe the Lord would have us pray for. Our Biblical community has also launched the forty day prayer effort to begin the process of the Fivefold Plan for Prayer Evangelism. Through the forty days, we will pray the following three ways:
• That the kingdom of God would come upon them, pouring out God’s blessing and peace in their lives them.
• That Jesus would open a door for you to build a caring serving relationship with them.
• That the Spirit of God would testify of Jesus as you share with them and convict them of sin, righteousness and judgment.
After forty days of prayer we will ask them how we can be praying for them and seek to build a loving, caring relationship with them.
This Fivefold Plan for Prayer Evangelism is as follows:
• Pray for laborers - Ask the Father to bring believers to your Biblical community who will join you in reaching out to the lost households in your sphere of influence.
And He was saying to them,"The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." -Luke 10:2
• Pray for God’s peace and blessing - Pray for at least three households of seekers within your network of friends, persistently asking the Father to bless them and bring peace to their households.
"Whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace be to this house.'" -Luke 10:5
• Associate with them - Associate with your unbelieving households through coffee, a meal together or participating in an event together and begin investing your life in theirs.
"Stay in that house, eating and drinking what they give you; for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not keep moving from house to house." -Luke 10:7
• Pray for miracles - Ask your seekers how you can pray for them and then pray persistently for miracles in their lives both as a household and corporately with your Biblical community.
and heal those in it who are sick," -Luke 10:9
• Share the gospel - As your seekers experience God’s blessing, presence and power in their lives, share with them the gospel of the Kingdom of God.
"say to them, 'The kingdom of God has come near to you.'" -Luke 10:9
So we are entering a forty day period of prayer for our lost households. I am looking forward to all that the Lord is going to do as we take this step of obedience. (back to 'Weekly Blog' page)